Star of Honolulu - Premier Whale Watch Cruise
Come aboard the Star of Honolulu and enjoy a whale watch cruise along the Waikiki shoreline. Departing at noon, this is a fun whale watching adventure for the whole family. A crew of certified naturalists on board will share insights on whales and you can listen to the fascinating whale songs on a hydrophone. You can also participate in a variety of hands-on activities, including ukulele and hula lessons and flower lei making, and there will also be a program for children.
Whale sightings are guaranteed on this Oahu whale watch cruise. In case no whales are seen during the cruise, you will receive a free return whale check (transportation optional).
Special: One FREE child ticket per paying adult!
- Custom-built 232’ Star of Honolulu is Hawaii’s largest
- 1,500-passenger tour vessel
- 3 types of stabilizers for smooth sailing
- Hawaii’s only A.D.A. compliant ship
- 2 elevators
- 4 spacious decks
- 6 beautiful dining rooms and private lounges
- Bars and restrooms
- 60’ high observation sun deck.
Whale Watching off Waikiki
Star of Honolulu
- Where and When:
- Check-in is at 11:15 am. Cruise is from 12:00 pm to 2:30 pm.
Location: Honolulu Harbor, Pier 8 View Map
Self-parking is available at the parking lot in front of Pier #8 - Irwin Park. Present your parking ticket upon check-in at the Star of Honolulu Reservations Office to validate and receive a reduced parking fee.
Roundtrip transportation from major Waikiki & Kahala hotels is available as an add-on.
- Operation Days:
- Operates daily from January 2 through April 5.
- 2.5 hours
- Star of Honolulu
- 1,500 passengers
- The Star of Honolulu is a 232-foot, 4-deck cruise ship with a 1,500-passenger capacity. She is equipped with stabilizers, accessible facilities, elevators and a 60-foot high observation/sun deck with reclining chairs.
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
- Special Notes:
- Guests receive a free return whale check until a whale is sighted (transportation optional).