Star of Honolulu - Premier Whale Watch Cruise & Lunch
This premier whale watch cruise aboard the Star of Honolulu includes a delicious lunch buffet with a wide variety of delicacies. Cruise along Waikiki Beach and look for whales frolicking in the warm waters and enjoy great coastline views of Oahu's south shore. Your whale watch adventure includes a crew of certified naturalists who will share fascinating insights on the whales' behavior, and you can listen to the whales communicating with each other via the on board hydrophone.
After lunch, participate in hands-on Hawaiian cultural activities, such as ukulele or hula lessons and lei making, or take a stroll around the Star's four decks and to the 60-foot observation deck. Whale sightings are guaranteed on this Oahu whale watch cruise. In case no whales are seen during the cruise, you will receive a free return whale check (meal and transportation optional).
Lunch Buffet Menu:
- Carving Station of Hawaiian Black Sea Salt Roast Beef
- Teriyaki Chicken
- Citrus Miso Glazed White Fish
- Lomilomi Salmon
- Tofu Poke*
- Hawaiian Salad with Kula Romaine*
- Croutons and Chef’s Special Dressing
- Island-Style Macaroni Salad
- Fried Noodles*
- Sweet Potato*
- Steamed White Rice with Rainbow Furikake*
- Assorted Breads with Sweet Butter
- Macadamia Nut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Homemade Chocolate Brownies
- Fresh Tropical Fruits*
- Freshly Brewed STAR’s Original Kona Blend Coffee, Tea and Fruit Punch
*Vegan selections. Grilled vegan garden patty also available with 24 hours notice.
- Custom-built 232’ Star of Honolulu is Hawaii’s largest
- 1,500-passenger tour vessel
- 3 types of stabilizers for smooth sailing
- Hawaii’s only A.D.A. compliant ship
- 2 elevators
- 4 spacious decks
- 6 beautiful dining rooms and private lounges
- Bars and restrooms
- 60’ high observation sun deck.
Star of Honolulu
Whale Watching off Waikiki
- Where and When:
- Check-in is at 11:15 am. Cruise is from 12:00 pm to 2:30 pm.
Location: Honolulu Harbor, Pier 8 View Map
Self-parking is available at the parking lot in front of Pier #8 - Irwin Park. Present your parking ticket upon check-in at the Star of Honolulu Reservations Office to validate and receive a reduced parking fee.
Roundtrip transportation from major Waikiki, Kahala and Ko Olina hotels is available as an add-on.
- Operation Days:
- Operates daily from January 2 through April 5.
- 2.5 hours
- Star of Honolulu
- 1,500 passengers
- The Star of Honolulu is a 232-foot, 4-deck cruise ship with a 1,500-passenger capacity. She is equipped with stabilizers, accessible facilities, elevators and a 60-foot high observation/sun deck with reclining chairs.
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
- Special Notes:
- Receive a free return whale check until a whale is sighted (meal and transportation optional).