Pacific Whale Foundation - Sunrise Whale Watch
The early morning hours are a favorite time for photographers as the ocean is usually calmer and the sunlight a beautiful golden hue. Get up early and enjoy a morning whale watch cruise along the Maui coastline. Capture the first whale sighting of the day as the sun rises over Mt. Haleakala.
- Cruise is available from Lahaina Harbor and Ma'alaea Harbor
- Enjoy fantastic whale watching during the calm early morning hours
- Plenty of great photo opportunities
- Listen to whale songs on underwater hydrophone
- Educational talk by certified marine naturalists
- Free Jr. Naturalist Program for kids
- Free Marine Life Picture Card
- Where and When:
- LAHAINA CHECK-IN: Departs at 6:30 am. Check in 45 minutes prior to departure at the Pacific Whale Foundation booth at Lahaina Harbor, Slip #4 View Map
MA'ALAEA CHECK-IN: Departs at 6:30 am. Check in 45 minutes prior to departure at the Pacific Whale Foundation's Ocean Store at the Ma'alaea Harbor Shops, which shares a free parking lot with Maui Ocean Center, located at 192 Maalaea Rd, Wailuku (GPS address). View Map
Parking at the Ma'alaea Harbor is NOT free.
- Operation Days:
- Daily from December 1 - April 15
- 2 hours
- Pacific Whale Foundation
- From Lahaina Harbor, this tour usually runs on a double-deck power catamaran. The vessel offers a smooth and stable ride. You'll enjoy spacious shaded cabins and rear decks and sunbathing areas on the bow and upper deck. The vessel has two bathrooms.
From Ma'alaea Harbor, this tour usually runs on the Ocean Discovery, a double-deck power catamaran with a capacity of 147 passengers. You'll enjoy spacious shaded cabins and rear decks and sunbathing areas on the bow and upper deck. The vessel has two bathrooms.
Cruise vessels are subject to change without prior notice.
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
Wheelchairs: These vessels are NOT wheelchair accessible. A guest may attend if they are able to walk aboard and take a seat (with or without assistance from someone in their group). Restrooms & the upper-deck are also NOT wheelchair accessible and may be difficult for the guest to reach.
- Special Notes:
- Affordable rentals of binoculars and cameras are available. Snacks and refreshments (soda, juice, Maui Brewing Co. beer and wine) are available for purchase. Alcoholic beverages are for adults 21+ (must have valid picture ID).