Ocean Encounters - Whale Watch Tour
Ocean Encounters offers an exciting whale watch cruise along the Big Island's Kona Coast. During the winter months from December through March, humpback whales make their journey from Alaska to Hawaii to mate and nurse their young. Come aboard the Ocean Encounters and watch them up close.
- See some of the biggest creatures of the ocean up close
- Chance to see other marine life, including dolphins and turtles
- Plenty of great photo opportunities
- Light snacks
- Soda and water
Big Island Whale Watching
Mother and Calf
- Where and When:
- Tour time: 12:30 pm to 3:00 pm
Check in at 12:00 pm at Honokohau Harbor, 74-425 Kealakehe Prkwy #1, Kailua Kona, HI 96740 View Map
Directions for Honokohau Harbor & Check-In:
Honokohau Harbor is 5 miles south of Kona airport and 3-4 miles north of Kailua-Kona. At the traffic light intersection, take Kealakehe Parkway from the highway (Hwy 19) towards the ocean. Youll see the sailboat masts from the highway and theres a sign for Honokohau Harbor. Take that road lined with coconut palms and turn right at your first opportunity, then second left. Check in at the Bite Me Sportfishing charter desk.
- Operation Days:
- Operates daily from December 10 through March 19
- 2.5 hours
- Ocean Encounters
- The Ocean Encounter is a 46-foot Delta boat that is roomy and dry boasting a restroom, plenty of shaded areas, inside cabin and upstairs seating for great viewing. Delta boats are famously stable, strong and seaworthy.
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
- Special Notes: