Kohala Ocean Tours - Kohala Whale Watching
Enjoy a fun whale watching cruise along the Big Island's Kohala Coast. Departing from Kawaihae Harbor, the Lavakai II cruises along the scenic Waikoloa shoreline to look for humpback whales. This area is one of the best places in Hawaii for whale watching. This coastline records one of the largest numbers of humpback whales in the Islands. The vessel is equipped with hydrophones so you can listen to the whales communicating with each other.
- Enjoy whale watching aboard the Lavakai II catamaran
- Cruise up the Kohala Coast and see breaching whales
- Narration by on-board marine naturalists
Lava Ocean Tours
Pod of Dolphins
- Where and When:
- Three tour times are available:
Morning departure: 8:00 am and 10:00 am
Afternoon departure: 4:00 pm
Check in 30 minutes prior to your selected tour time.
Tour departs from Slip S01 at Kawaihae Harbor South, Kawaihae, HI 96743
- Operation Days:
- Operates daily
- 2 hours
- Lava Ocean Tours
- The Lavakai II is a 33-foot custom-crafted deluxe catamaran that was designed for safety, stability and with an emphasis on passenger comfort. The vessel is equipped with an on-board restroom, six speakers for listening to whales via hydrophones and covered cushioned front facing seating with back rests. There is also ample storage under each seat. She is powered by twin Honda 250 motors.
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
- Special Notes: