Hang Loose Boat Tours - Whale Watch
Guests over the age of 65 are welcome on the tour with the approval of the Hang Loose Boat Tours. They would like to speak to you to insure you'll be comfortable for the tour before you book.
Come on board the Hang Loose, a luxury catamaran, and enjoy a fun whale watching cruise along the Kona Coast. The catamaran is designed for open ocean conditions that will allow all passengers to sit back, relax and enjoy the spectacular views of the Kona Coast. The vessel is also equipped with an underwater hydrophone, so you can listen to the incredible whale songs.
- Cruise along the Kona Coast and see Pacific humpback whales up close
- Plenty of great photo opportunities
- Chips, granola bars, rice krispies, juice, ginger ale and water
- Hydrophone speaker to hear the whales
Whale watch cruise
- Where and When:
- Check-in at 12:30 pm, Departure at 1:00 pm, Return at 3:30-4:00 pm
The tour departs from Honokohau Harbor North Side near the Pavilion/Restrooms. View Map
Driving directions to Honokohau Marina North Boat Ramp, 74-425 Kealakehe Pkwy, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740: After turning into Honokohau Harbor you make your first right. Follow the road which veers to the left until it ends at a large parking lot. When you get to the large parking lot, pass a small gas station, drive to your left towards the boat ramp. You will check in at the red pick-up truck with the Hang Loose boat on the trailer parked in front of the public restrooms.
- Operation Days:
- Operates daily from December 15 through March 15 (Hawaii's whale watch season)
- 2.5-3 hours
- Hang Loose
- 24 passengers
- Brand new 37-foot catamaran
- Minimum age is 2 years old to go on tour.
Maximum age (without prior approval from Hang Loose) is 65 years old. Guests over the age of 65 are welcome on the tour with the approval of Hang Loose Boat Tours. They would like to speak to you to insure you'll be comfortable on the tour before you book.
Not recommended for guests with back or neck problems or injuries within the last 3 years.
Not recommended for guests with heart complaints, other serious medical conditions or pregnant women in an advanced pregnancy.
Subject to favorable weather conditions.
- Special Notes:
- An underwater disposable camera is available for purchase ($15).
Restroom available on board.
Tour schedule may change according to weather and traffic conditions and situation of whales.